The most versatile sound absorber available
Quietstone Light is a rigid, durable absorber made from recycled glass. The material is suitable for external use, indoor use and settings which require high impact resistance. It can be worked on site, pigmented or treated with a range of finishes and is non combustible, chemically inert and non fibrous. Panels can be either mechanically fixed or bonded and a range of sizes are available including custom options.
- Impervious to weather
- Non combustible
- Available in standard or custom sizes
- Impact resistant
- Can be mechanically fitted or bonded to a substrate
- Long lifespan
- Easily worked on site
- Cost effective
- Can be coated with acoustic plaster or fabric to change the aesthetic qualities
- Non fibrous
- Noise barriers - impervious to weather and impact resistant
- Tunnel lining - suitable for outdoor settings
- External - verandas, smoking areas, generators
- Halls - high impact resistance, easy installation
- Wall cladding - light weight and cutting can be done on site
- Ceilings - can also be mounted in curved atriums
- Swimming pools - will not sag or stain with moisture exposure
- Healthcare - can be washed with any detergents including sterilizers
- panel size - 1200 x 600 mm (other sizes available on request)
- thicknesses - anything from 15mm to 50mm
- weight - 8kg/m² at 25mm
- fire safety - class 0
- acoustic performance - up to class A (αԝ 0.95) depending on thickness and mounting
- cleaning - can be cleaned with all detergents
- weather resistance - impervious to frost and rain
Acoustic Performance - Tested to BS EN 354:2003
Need a simple system with class A absorption?
This installation guide outlines an efficient way to achieve class A rated sound absorption with class 0 fire rating and high impact resistance. Perfect for sports halls.
Sports hall installation guide
Quietstpray - seamless acoustic spray system
Quietstone Light can be used as a base for acoustic spray systems. Doing so provides greater durability and faster installation.
We will soon be offering the service, here in the UK. Read More >
Project: Leeds 'Light' underpass.
This project included LED lights, music and superb acoustics in an underpass to create an impressive gateway to the City of Leeds.
Light, Neville Street Brochure