Durable, Fire Resistant Sound Absorbers
Quietstone FR30 is made from specially bonded aggregates. This produces a porous panel with excellent sound absorption and high durability. Similar to the original Quietstone but with extensive development, we can now also boast very high fire test results.
- tunnel lining to reduce reverberant noise and protect services in a fire
- underground stations to reduce noise buildup and increase speech intelligibility for PA/VA systems
- wherever sound absorption is required and fire safety is also a key concern
- standard panel size - 1000 x 600 mm (other sizes available on request)
- thickness - 30mm
- weight - 37.5kg/m²
- fire safety - withstands 1150°C for 2 hours
- acoustic performance - EN-ISO 11654 Class B under typical tunnel mounting conditions. see brochure for details
- cleaning - can be cleaned with all detergents
- weather resistance - impervious to frost and rain
Acoustic Performance - Tested to BS EN 354:2003 under typical tunnel lining conditions
We can match almost any RAL colour. The pigmentation is 'through and through', meaning any major surface damage will not reveal a different colour underneath.
The standard panels are 1000 x 600 x 30 mm with holes in each corner for mechanical fixing. We can make custom sizes. This may be particularly useful in areas like underground stations where a standard framework is installed which conflicts with the fixing points on the panels. We can also make the panels flexible to allow for mounting with curvatures.
Project: Main road between Amsterdam and Rotterdam, tunnel lining.
The tunnel has a semi open ceiling allowing for noise breakout without proper acoustic treatment.
Completed wall with mechanical fixing holes plugged.
45,000m² of Quietstone FR30 are to line walls and ceiling of the A4 Burgerveen tunnel on the main road between Amsterdam and Rotterdam. The panels will be in a gradient from white through to black in 10 shades. The treatment provides high broadband absorption to control noise break out through the slotted roof which could affect local residents. Also, the high heat resistance provides protection for the tunnel services behind the panels, alleviating the need for extra fire protection panels.